I recently decided to migrate my blog from Wordpress to Hugo. I don’t blog as often these days so trying to keep up with new wordpress versions, securing my wordpress installation against hack attempts, and fighting comment spam was becoming overwhelming.
We leverage Reporting Services subscriptions a lot to deliver reports via email. A problem we run into frequently is when the user who created the subscription loses permission (leaving the company, changing jobs, etc.) then all of the subscriptions they created stop working. This is because they are the Owner of the subscription and SSRS won’t allow the subscription to run when the owner no longer has permission.
Here is a quick powershell script you can use to change the owner using the ReportingService2010 web service endpoint.
I wrote a small python script to help convert Handy Safe to Sky Wallet. I definitely learned a lot about python and even though I wasn’t very familiar with the available API I was able to come up with a pretty nifty script.
I started helping my brother with some GO projects. One really interesting concept in Go are slices… which make working with arrays easier.
At anytime you can “chop” out interesting portions of a slice to use using [start:finish].
There is the special append keyword to add things onto the end of the slice dynamically (as opposed to using the make keyword to declare it up front).
And there is a range keyword to mimic how foreach works in a higher level language.
Error adding '[file]' to source control.
Created branch "dev" from "[file]" version "\main\0".
Type manager "text_file_delta" failed create_version operation. It looks like files that have over 8000 characters on a single row are unable to be added to version control using normal methods.
Thankfully, I was able to find a solution here:
cleartool mkelem -eltype compressed_file jquery-1.2.6.min.js
After my botched Windows 8 install, I decided to go back to Ubuntu. I still would like to figure out a solution with Windows on this laptop so that I could use it for work but right now having linux is better. I decided to document some of the issues I ran into in case I need them later.
I ran across a strange error while deploying a very simple DLL. It contained only one class; a web services proxy class to the Lists SharePoint web service that I generated using the wsdl tool. Here is the error:
Unable to generate a temporary class (result=1).
error CS2001: Source file ‘C:\WINDOWS\TEMP_zm3ve2y.0.cs’ could not be found
I want to put a quick post out here in support of SharePoint Overflow being migrated to StackExchange v2.0. It is a a great complement to StackOverflow for all things SharePoint related.
You can commit here: SharePoint Overflow.
One thing that bugs me all the time is when a window doesn’t remember the position that it was resized or moved to. Although it is more of a nuisance than anything else, I decided to write a little AutoIt3 script to automatically resize my Remote Desktop windows to be the certain place and size that I prefer them to be in.